If you have stored data on CDs, DVDs or even floppy disks, you might sooner or later end up with unreadable files. You may have already damaged files that you can’t open any more due to corrupted or defective media.
With GSA File Rescue you are able to safe as much of the file as possible instead of losing everything. Usually programs will not let you open a damaged file even if just a single bit is unreadable.
Often it is not even a problem to have some damaged data in movie or image files. You will not even notice it if there are not to many damaged blocks, so why through the whole data away? With GSA File Rescue it is not a problem to at least copy bad files to a safe place.
The program can even operate in batch mode which is very comfortable for people who want to safe a lot CDs or DVDs before they are fully unreadable. You choose the source drive and the destination and the program will continue to copy unless you stop inserting a new media into the drive. You don’t have to click a single button. The CD or DVD drive simply opens so you know it’s time for the next media – insert it and the job continues.
This data recovery solution is fully configurable to your needs. It is safe and risk free as no data on the original drive is modified. As much as possible data is rescued.
- Rescue data from CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD+/-R/W, BluRay, Floppys, Iomega Zip, Jaz, MO, Flash Drives, SD, CF, xD, SmartMedia card, MemoryStick, USB Drives and almost any other media you can think of
- Batch mode no click required: insert media, rescue data, change media
- Many options to configure recovery speed
- Ability to rename good/bad files
- Creates a log file with details on data rescue progress
- Filter to skip or explicitly rescue certain file types (e.g. skip *.tmp, *.bak or only recover *.jpg)